As part of Hampshire & Isle of Wight’s Retention Programme, and its commitment to enabling flexible working for our staff, all managers are invited to our Focus on Flex webinars taking place in November and December.
These will be practical sessions run by Flexible Working experts Timewise where you can find out how to make flexible working a reality in your teams, overcoming the barriers and designing flexibility that really works for the service and your team.
By attending this workshop you will:
- Build and deepen your understanding of the range of flexible ways of working, make the link with NHS Workforce Plan and focus on retention, attraction, wellbeing and inclusion
- Develop skills of flexible job design and practice redesigning a role with flexibility
- Understand team-based flexibility and explore possibilities for different types of teams
- Consider the typical challenges that will form barriers to flex, and learn how to approach and manage these
- Consider how you can more effectively deliver on the NHS people promise of day one flex
- Identify opportunities to drive more flexible working within Hampshire & Isle of Wight through your roles (developing actions/commitments to take away)
You’ll hear from expert flexible working consultants who will share examples of what’s possible in different settings and roles, and have the opportunity to ask questions and work on practical examples with colleagues.
Choose the webinar(s) which are most relevant to your team – we have different sessions for non-clinical and patient-facing teams, and a focussed session for those interested in more flexible roster solutions (self-rostering and team-based rostering).
The webinars are designed for anyone managing a team within any of our NHS organisations in Hampshire and Isle of Wight, who is interested in how you can make flexible working a reality for your team and ensure that your service benefits.
We look forward to seeing you there. Register here:
28th November 9.30-10.30 Focus on Flex: Managers of non-clinical teams
5th December 10.00-11.00 Focus on Flex: Managers of patient facing teams
12th December 10.00 – 11.00 Focus on Flex: Managers of rostered teams
14th December 12.30-13.30 Focus on Flex: Managers of patient facing teams
(this is a repeat of the webinar running on 5th December)